Lyme Disease Treatment at Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic in Newark, CA
Signs and Symptoms of Lyme Disease
Every year, hundreds of Americans are bitten by ticks. A small percentage of these tick bites can result in Lyme disease, which is an ailment that causes a variety of painful symptoms and side effects. It is important to be aware of Lyme disease symptoms in case you or a loved one is bitten. Ticks are small, brown insects that are often found in moist environments and can cling onto clothes unknowingly. At AFC Urgent Care Newark CA, our medical professionals can diagnose and treat tick bites and Lyme disease quickly and efficiently if caught early. With our state-of-the-art on-site laboratories and board certified physicians, you’ll be feeling better in no time. Here is some valuable information on Lyme disease symptoms and stages for you and your loved ones:
Early Localized Stage:
- Usually within the first month of a tick bite.
- Symptoms include a red expanding rash, chills, fever, muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, or headaches.
Early Disseminated Stage:
- Usually days or weeks after a tick bite.
- Symptoms can include Bell’s palsy, severe headaches or stiffness, pain and swelling in the joints, shooting pains, or heart palpitations.
Late Disseminated Stage:
- Usually months or years after a tick bite, with no treatment.
- Untreated infections can lead to arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling (often the knees). A small percentage of Lyme disease cases can lead to neurological complications, such as tingling of the hands and problems with memory.
If you or a loved one have been bitten by a tick, it is important to see a physician as soon as possible to prevent Lyme disease symptoms. AFC Urgent Care Newark CA offers convenient walk-in clinic appointments, so that you can take care of your medical needs on your own time. Our friendly and experienced medical team looks forward to having you feel better soon!
Formerly AFC Doctors Express